L4Env DDE questions

Igor Shmukler shmukler at mail.ru
Mon Jan 29 22:10:50 CET 2007

Hello,

I am working on a research project where we are trying to play with information flow between device drivers, and IO stack in general.

We want to be able to break disk and network IO in pieces and glue it together as our needs require. From what I understood while going over KMB slides, it seems like L4Env might be an ideal platform for our experiments.

However, I am not sure whether I understand how things work correctly. I was wondering if someone could answer some of my questions, to give me a little head start.

When Linux drivers are reused, does everyone of these drivers run in its' own address space? Would "reused DDE" drivers still be isolated from one another?

Thank you in advance,

igor