about Conventional Memory Region

Zhang Yinfei zhangyinfei at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 15:49:03 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've got a question about Fiasco source.

As in *Mem_region Kip::last_free() const*, the function try to find the
highest *Conventional* memory region's physical address. (I guess it gets
physical memory bottom in the first time?).  However in *void
Kip_init::init(),* I only see one Conventional memory region which stores
virtual address. Where does last_free() get the physical address??

And in bootstrap, I see it manipulate KIP. I thought at that time, KIP is
not initialize, because bootstrap runs before Fiasco Startup, where
Kip_init::init() is called.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Zhang Yinfei