Problems creating IDL

Bjoern Doebel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jan 16 03:01:12 CET 2008

Hi,

> I have been creating a package which implements a server invoked by a
> client. I understand from the tutorial that I have to create an IDL file
> listing all my public function there. Problem here is that, I would like
> to know whether I really need to do the IDL file or can there be other
> way that I can actually skip the IDL and how do I do that, since my
> intention here is just to create a simple communication with purpose
> between my server and client using 1 same language, C. Please advice me
> in this.

Of course you can skip the IDL part completely. Have a look at the
documentation of the L4 IPC syscall bindings
(http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/l4env/doc/html/l4sys-l4v2/index.html) and
or at the L4v2 reference manual
(http://i30www.ira.uka.de/research/documents/l4ka/Ln-86-21.pdf) to learn
about how to implement a server without IDL.

> DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail contains no confidential information because it was posted
on a public mailing list.

Regards,
Bjoern