Try to compile flips but got error..

Alexander Boettcher boettcher at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jan 21 10:26:58 CET 2008

Hi Wira,

wira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that my machine doesnt has the same NIC model as the intel
> e1000. After I compile this Flips package, can it work on my NIC too?
> Is there any generic solution or driver? Mine is intel 82562EZ rev02.
I would advise you that you use "flips-ore" and "ore" instead of
flips-lxdrv with the integrated e1000 driver. "flips-ore" contains no
hardware drivers at all, however implements a interface to access the
network by using ORe, our network multiplexer. So, it is a kind of
generic solution to decouple the IP stack from the network driver. ORe
supports various network cards based on drivers from Linux 2.4 and 2.6,
so you have here better possibilities to get your NIC running. To
configure drivers go to l4/pkg/ore/server and call a make O=.. config.

Bye,

Alex B.