Compiling Fiasco UX problems under Fedora 8

Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr
Mon Mar 10 18:16:41 CET 2008

> This seems to be very specific to FC8 as this doesn't happen to me and
> to our automatic builds. Can you discover what causes the segfaults?
> You can also send me one of the binaries that segfault to analyze.

with gdb I have this informations running fiasco:

0x00039bee in __libc_setup_tls ()
    at /home/olivier/l4/kernel/fiasco/src/drivers/ux/processor-ux.cpp:47
47        asm volatile (" .byte 0xf3, 0x90 #pause \n" );

I have currently an AMD Athlon processor

If I try with mapdb_t, I have this

0x00043b8e in __libc_setup_tls ()
    at /home/olivier/l4/kernel/fiasco/src/kern/kmem_alloc.cpp:74
74        assert(o>=8 /*NEW INTERFACE PARANIOIA*/);

I can send binary

Olivier