run-l4 - to start another task

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Mar 30 14:17:02 CEST 2008

On Fri Mar 28, 2008 at 02:44:14 -0700, ahmad kamal wrote:
> here is my later config file
>
> #hello.cfg
> verbose 0
> modpath "/boot/l4linux_2"
>
> task "hello" ""
>
> i alos tried
>
> #hello.cfg
> verbose 0
> modpath "(hd0,5)/boot/l4linux_2"
>
> task "hello" ""
>
> for your info my boot partition is in extended partition.
>
> at l4linux terminal
>
> i run this command:
>
> ./run-l4 --fprov=BMODFS "hello.cfg"
>
> and
>
> ./run-l4 --fprov "BMODFS" "hello.cfg"
>

> and i also put hello in menu.lst.
>
> and it still failed to load hello
>
> as an alternative can u guys help me give an example of working:
> menu.lst
> config file to pass to bmodfs
> command line to execute in l4linux

Basically the arguments the run-l4 program takes are the same as the
ones given to the loader, i.e. run-l4 --fprov=BMODFS foo. run-l4 then
goes to the loader to say that foo should be loaded using the BMODFS
service.
For that to work you need to supply bmodfs with the modules needed, i.e.
in your example the file hello.cfg and hello, or just hello.
So it's important to have the following in your menu.lst:

modules .../bmodfs
modules   .../hello
modules   .../hello.cfg

Remember to tell roottask how many modules you gave to bmodfs.

Now run-l4 should work, as the loader should be able to find the hello
module.

BTW, what error are you getting?

I've also added a bmodfs related example to
http://wiki.tudos.org/Menu.lst-Examples

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de