stpm

Carsten Weinhold weinhold at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Apr 6 12:29:33 CEST 2008

Am 04.04.2008 um 14:19 schrieb ahmad kamal:

Hi,

> but i got this error while running stpm
>
> *tpmrun  | l4con/lib/src/contxt.c:63:contxt_init():
> *tpmrun  |  Could not find con at names
> *tpmrun  | main(): Error -3 opening contxt lib -- terminating
> *tpmrun  |
> *tpmrun  | Exiting with -3
>
> this is the command

> ./fiasco -l names -l dm_phys -l stpm-ux -l tpmrun

Okay, you are using the tpmrun tool. This is a testing and debugging
tool and does indeed require the graphical console. You need to add at
least the following to the command line if you want to use it:

   -l con-ux

(Alex B., are there any additional requirements / things to be taken
care of?)

Btw., stpm-ux will try to use the physical TPM of the host platform
unless you loaded the kernel module of the TPM emulator instead of a
real TPM driver (this worked for older versions of the TPM emulator, I
am not sure about later releases).

Carsten