HowTo about some stuff

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu May 15 00:25:59 CEST 2008

Hi Igor,

On Wed May 14, 2008 at 17:51:12 +0400, Igor V. Ruzanov wrote:
> But i would like to ask you the following questions:
>
> 1)Currently i start only one instance, but how can i switch between 1-st
> console (hypervisor cmd line) and 2-nd console (where L4Linux is running)?
> I tried to send Shift+F1 in order to switch to 1-st console but it didn't
> work.

It's Right-Alt-F1 or Right-Shift-F1.

> 2)How does reboot process of L4Linux look like? When i'm saing 'reboot'
> to the L4Linux, then its going into 6-th runlevel, shutting down all
> running processes and i'm dropping to 1-st console automatically forever.
> My log (its last part) shows:
>
> Is it possible the instance was automatically rebooted after reboot
> command?

reboot is the same as halt, i.e. it's basically an exit of the
application. A new start would mean to go to the loader and request the
same (loader script) again.

> 3)And when i stay in the 1-st console (hypervisor itself), my keyboard
> doesn't respond - is that because of absence of some options of fiasco
> module in my config file?

Do you mean that 'run' is running there? Does keyboard input work in
L4Linux? If it's working there it should also work in run because it's
the same wrt the keyboard driver.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de