HowTo about some stuff

Igor V. Ruzanov igorr at canmos.ru
Fri May 16 13:32:14 CEST 2008

>>> Do you mean that 'run' is running there? Does keyboard input work in
>>> L4Linux? If it's working there it should also work in run because it's
>>> the same wrt the keyboard driver.
>> I use USB-keyboard (my machine has no PS/2 socket).
>> When i successfully booted into L4Linux first time i couldn't type inside
>> of instance (even when i used init=/bin/sh boot option) but i could work
>> in run. Then i've added HID devices support into .config and recompiled
>> the L4Linux kernel. Now it's working good inside of L4Linux but i can't
>> type in 1-st console when application has exited, for example. Probably
>> its common symptom for switching between consoles too (RightAlt-F1 or
>> RightShift-F1 hasn't turned out from 2-nd opened console).
>> Is it correctly to suppose that i have still another keyboard driver
>> that addresses to my keyboard from L4Linux directly through EHCI/OHCI
>> subsystem?
>
> Yes, if you enable USB support in L4Linux than the USB host controller
> will be reset and the USB legacy support will not work anymore. What you
> can do is also start the usbhid server (usbhid package) which implements
> the USB keyboard/mouse driver. Do not enable USB in L4Linux then.
> With usbhid the system should also work with USB keyboard and mouse.

I recently (more precisely, yesterday) knew about your package of usbhid
server;) But as i know its not available via svn and i tried to get it
from your server as usbhid-20071107.tar.gz tarball. I couldn't build the
package because of few compilation errors in
/usr/src/DROPS/tudos/l4/pkg/usbhid/server/lib-linux/contrib/input/input.c
such as:
/usr/src/DROPS/tudos/l4/pkg/usbhid/server/lib-linux/contrib/input/input.c:43:
error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
'this_object_must_be_defined_as_export_objs_in_the_Makefile

The code causing such errors is

EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_register_device);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_unregister_device);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_register_handler);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_unregister_handler);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_register_minor);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_unregister_minor);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_open_device);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_close_device);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(input_event);

which maybe explains about that this version of usbhid was developed under
other kernel version. Could you please provide a patch fixing the build
process under 2.6.24-l4?