Driving audio card

Michael Roitzsch mroi at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jun 6 16:49:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Does anybody know whether there are some documents in English for
> teaching how to drive a audio card such that a application on l4 can
> use it?  It is known that driver can be ported via DDE but how to do
> that? I am a newbie in this area, Could you please give me some
> advice?

There is a document from a student undergraduate thesis about a sound
driver port to L4 available here:
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/papers_ps/mueller-beleg.pdf

It's a bit dated and with today's DDE, you would probably do some
things differently. Unfortunately, there is no driver porting guide
for DDE available that I know of.

Michael