Urgent help needed>> please tell us what menu.lst do we need for usbhid application

tapas kundu tapaskundu1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:17:25 CEST 2009

Hi

http://wiki.tudos.org/DDE/DDEKit

I have gone through above url and found following information about DDE . I
have found
libdde_linux26,libdde_linux26_net,libdde_linux26_block,libdde_linux26_sound
in /user-build/lib/x86_586/l4v2 directory after building all the modules.
But I have not found libdde_linux26_usb in any directory. I need to work on
usb webcam driver. I have used svn version 446. and run following commands
to build:

./repomgr co all
make O=/home/tapas/user-build

Please let us know where can I found libdde_linux26_usb library. It will
help me a lot to build driver for usb webcam. I dont want to port linux usb
driver in L4. I want to port/build a linux usb webcam driver only. Please
suggest me what to do.

Thanks & regards
Tapas Kumar kundu

"DDE/Linux2.6 is an environment for Linux 2.6 device drivers on L4.
Basically, it is a set of libraries implementing interfaces to certain
subsystems of the Linux kernel, so that the programmer may chose which parts
of the kernel are needed for reusing a special device driver (e.g., network
drivers don't need block layer functionality). Currently, the following
subsystems are available:

   * Core (libdde_linux26) provides functions that are essential to (nearly)
all drivers. This includes for instance memory management, I/O resource
management, workqueues, softirqs, and timers.
   * Net (libdde_linux26_net) provides network-related functions such as
management of socket buffers.
   * Block (libdde_linux26_block) provides functions related to the Linux
block layer such as a file system buffer abstraction, I/O schedulers, block
I/O descriptors (BIOs).
   * USB (libdde_linux26_usb) implements USB-related functions which enable
drivers to use the Linux USB core as well as USB host controllers. This is
work in progress.
   * Sound (libdde_linux26_sound) includes the Linux sound core which is the
base for implementing sound subsystems such as OSS and Alsa. This is work in
progress.

Work USB and Sound support libraries is ongoing. "