building L4 x86 on cygwin (Adam Lackorzynski)

joel nider joel at nider.org
Wed Jun 1 14:46:40 CEST 2011

Hi Adam,

Sorry - I had not installed my GCC correctly.  I just wanted to report that by using the following command line:

make SYSTEM_TARGET=arm-elf- L4STD_INCDIR=/usr/local/lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.4.3/include/ CONFIG_KERNEL_LOAD_ADDR=0x80000000

I was able to build successfully on Cygwin, and load the kernel image to my device.  I am now in the process of debugging the boot sequence.  It seems the memory I am loading to is not zero-initialized, and this is causing some issues with non-initialized variables.  Also, I don't have a serial port so printf() was crashing while trying to write to the Console.  I will write back when I have completed, or get really stuck.

Thanks for the support,

Joel