crash: l4linux with virtual PCI bus enabled

Arno Toell lists at toell.net
Thu Jun 16 11:29:14 CEST 2011

Hi Adam,

On 15.06.2011 23:36, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> Could you try another boot method, like grub1iso and see if that works
> better?

I tried that right now. Unfortunately it doesn't change anything with
respect to my problem. Moreover I tried to emulate other PCI network
devices Qemu is offering (rtl8139), they all have the same problem.

For what its worth it should be noted, the kernel panic does not occur
immediately. I can successfully establish network connectivity,
sometimes even boot the Debian Squeeze on the remote root file system,
but suddenly it crashes with the very same problem.

I do run the whole setup in a virtual machine by the way (yes, some
crazy nested virtualization). If you care enough I could eventually
provide you - or anyone else - the Virtualbox image, as it exists solely
to run L4 and has nothing I'd like to keep private in it.

--
Arno Töll
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x9D80F36D