Fiasco.OC performance issues

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com
Wed Feb 20 17:54:17 CET 2013

Hi Adam,

On 02/18/2013 07:30 PM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> On Mon Feb 11, 2013 at 19:42:47 +0100, Sebastian Sumpf wrote:

>>> Sounds reasonable to me. Could you check whether
>>> l4_cache_dma_coherent_full makes a difference in your setup?
>>
>> Thanks for the 'coherent full' hint, it does work. I gonna double check
>> the addresses we hand over in the 'dma coherent' case next.
>
> Please check the current version, there are fixes for both the IPC issue
> and hopefully also for the L2 issue.

Good stuff! The IPC issue is gone completely and the board starts as
fast as in the single core case. The cache issue is unfortunately still
around. The strange thing is, that it only seems to occur when using our
HDMI driver. One can observe small black lines in the lower left corner
which seem to be 32 bytes (cache-line size?) long and it looks like they
occur on page boundaries only. Beats me. All other drivers seem to work
fine.

Thanks for your efforts,

Sebastian