[ARM11] Question for the ARM 11 GPIO MAPPING

Jason.han han_zf at neusoft.com
Sat Mar 2 09:36:53 CET 2013

   Dear Adam :

             Thank you very much !
             Now I have understand the IO MAPPING rules .
             All IO address  mapping is only recognized by first 5 bits
,the last three bit is no mean for address(only for flags)  .
             I mapping the S3C6410  GPIO ,Video-control ,Sfr once again .
             Now i can make the LCD bright and run the spectrum in real
hardware .
             Thanks .

            Best regards ~~

  ------------------------------ Message: 2 Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
22:13:47 +0100 From: Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> To:
l4-hackers at os.inf.tu-dresden.de Subject: Re: [ARM11] Question for the
ARM 11 GPIO MAPPING Message-ID:
<20130227211347.GA6841 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=iso-8859-1 Hi, On Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 20:10:15 +0800, Jason.han
wrote:
>>                  Now I  have  GPIO Mapping  problems happened when
>> run the L4re in Arm 11 (6410 ).
>>
>>                 .devs ==> Res.mmio(0x7f008100, 0x7f00813f);
>>                 .lcd.c ==>l4io_request_iomem(0x7f008100, 0x03f,
>> L4IO_MEM_NONCACHED, &lcd_gpio_virt_base);
>>
>>                  when
>> "l4_mem_write(lcd_gpio_virt_base+0x00,L4_MEM_WIDTH_4BYTE,0xaaaaaaaa);
>>                  download in real-hw board : the core will died as it :
>>
>> Ned: loading file: 'rom/arm-rv-lcd.cfg'
>>
>>         hello   | Hello World!
>>         IO      | Dev_factory: register factory for N2Hw6DeviceE
>>         IO      | GTF: register factory for 7Pci_dev
>>         IO      | GTF: register factory for N2Hw12Msi_resourceE
>>         IO      | Dev_factory: register factory for N2Hw11Gpio_deviceE
>>         IO      | Io service
>>         IO      | Ready. Waiting for request.
>>         fbdrv   | Using LCD driver: S3C6410
>>         fbdrv   | lcd_control_virt_base is 0x3000
>>         fbdrv   | lcd_gpio_virt_base is 0x4000
>>         fbdrv   | Video memory is at virtual 0x5000 (size: 0x3fc00 Bytes)
>>         fbdrv   | Physical video memory is at 0x50394000   ==>core died
>>
>>                  after delete it and only use l4_mem_read , value always is
>>
>>                   IO       | Ready. Waiting for request.
>>
>>         fbdrv   | Using LCD driver: S3C6410
>>         fbdrv   | lcd_control_virt_base is 0x3000
>>         fbdrv   | lcd_gpio_virt_base is 0x4000
>>         fbdrv   | Video memory is at virtual 0x5000 (size: 0x3fc00 Bytes)
>>         fbdrv   | Physical video memory is at 0x50395000
>>         fbdrv   | 0 value is 0x220022   ==> core run is ok.
>>
>>         In the range of the GPIO  ,whatever I defined , the
>>         lcd_gpio_virt_base + offset (value 0) is always 0x220022 ,can't
>>         be written  .
>>         the lcd_gpio_virt_base + offset (value 0x04) is always 0x23 ,can
>>         be written ,but value never be changed .
>>          From Offset (value 0x08) is normal . why only GPIO like this ,I
>>         write some time and control -register always OK.
>>
>>         Do you know Why , Can you give me some advices ? Thank you .
>>
>>           I also try to .devs ==> Res.mmio(0x7f008000, 0x7f00813f);
>>                              .lcd.c ==>l4io_request_iomem(0x7f008000,
>>         0x03f, L4IO_MEM_NONCACHED, &lcd_gpio_virt_base);
>>                               when
>>         "l4_mem_write(lcd_gpio_virt_base+0x100,L4_MEM_WIDTH_4BYTE,0xaaaaaaaa);
>>         The offset 0x00 ,and 0x04 same problem ,but  now I can write
>>         0xaaaaaaaa for this IO port,  even though working not well .
> What I notice is that you want to have 0x7f008100, however, mappings are
> page granular, i.e. lower 3 digits are 0. The output says the virt_base
> is 0x4000, so you probably want to access 0x4100. Maybe the device at
> offset 0 is behaving like what you're seeing.
>

> Adam

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.