how to debug fiasco kernel

Björn Döbel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Apr 7 21:13:11 CEST 2013

Hi Keqin Sun,

> Hi Bjoern,
>      This is a screenshot(Please see the attachment "debug.png") when I used gdb.
> There is no room for me to resume execution using 'g' command. The prompt of
> JDB appears only after I typed 'ESC' button and nothing happened when I resume
> execution(Please see the attachment "debug2.png").

you set a breakpoint on the main() function, but if you did as I told
you before, the enter_kdebug() you use to actually set the breakpoint is
_after_ this function entry. Therefore you do not see the breakpoint
being hit.

If you are worried that "hello world" is not being printed as it should,
I'd recommend you try to run the application without GDB and the
enter_kdebug() line first. If this fails, something else is wrong in
your setup.

Bjoern