How to start 2 or more VMs

Chao-Jui Chang ppc52776 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:43:00 CEST 2013

Hi Ganis Zulfa,

You need to setup one ethX for each l4linux.
When you start 2 L4Linuxes, you will only see one ethX in current console,
because
you are connected to the second L4Linux not the first one.
It is normal to see only one ethX.

One way to setup the ip of first L4Linux is to write the init config in
/etc/init.d/rcS.
In this case, you need 2 ramdisk for each L4Linux.

Here is my config for first L4Linux:
# cat /etc/init.d/rcS

> #! /bin/sh
> mount -t proc proc /proc
> mount -t devtmpfs devtmpfs /dev
> mkdir /dev/pts
> mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
> ifconfig lo up
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.50.1
> telnetd -l /bin/sh
> exit 0

For second L4Linux, just change the ip to 192.168.50.2

After 2 L4Linuxes start, you will be in second L4Linux(192.168.50.2)
then, you can telnet 192.168.50.1 to go to another L4Linux.

Cheers,
Chao-Jui