How to catch unhandled exceptions ?

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 11:12:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

  Is there any way to catch all system unhandled exceptions (seg fault, fpu fault, etc.) and "transform" them into C++ exceptions ?

  I tried to use a combination of "L4::Thread::control" with "L4::Thread::Attr::exc_handler" to catch the system exception but it didn't worked for me, most probably I didn't understood the meaning of "l4_thread_control_exc_handler" or how to use it. Any example/help will be very appreciated.

  Of course, after I'll catch the exception, I need a way to "resume" the thread execution to another ip (address) which actually is a simple function that throws the C++ exception, any example/help on the matter will also be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
BogDan.