Can't use cxx::Thread

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 12:15:56 CEST 2013

>>  Hello,

>>    I tried to create a very simple application that uses cxx::Thread, but I
> have some link problems:
>>    ... Compiling main.o
>>    ==> Linking test_cxx_thread
>>  main.o:(.rodata._ZTI10TestThread[_ZTI10TestThread]+0x8): undefined
> reference to `typeinfo for cxx::Thread'
>
> Note, cxx::thread != std::thread.

I know :) I added std::thread as a working example, sorry for confusion.

> How about simply using pthread_create() and co?

Now I'm using std::thread, but before that I tried to use cxx::thread,
and I thought that you may want to know that is not working anymore ;-).
cxx::thread (also std::thread) is more convenient for c++ apps.

> Also, the next release of L4Re is supposed to add support for C++11's
> std::thread. It's unfortunately broken right now due to tooling issues.

std::thread works just fine for me :) !

BogDan.