Build errors with L4

Bob Stewart robjsstewart at verizon.net
Mon Jul 29 14:05:16 CEST 2013

Let me more precise now that I'm on the machine I was trying to build on.

Following the directions on the L4 Runtime Environment page, I completed
steps 1, 2 and 3. On step 4, configuring the build tree, I selected my
target architecture and platform and left the Building options as they
were. This make failed with the error "no suitable compiler found". This
message appeared to come from the script .arm-linux-SCRIPT which looks in
various places for an arm gcc compiler. No seeing  instructions on tools to
be installed, I decided to create a directory of links to the tools from
Genode which I had previously installed. That directory of links was added
to PATH. So, for example, the link to arm-linux-gcc points to
/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-gcc. Step 4 now completed and the make
in step ran until the error with the static library references occurred.

What is the corrected set of tools to be using for this?

Thank you
Bob Stewart

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com