Using the tmpfs library

Michael Weiß michael.weiss at aisec.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 1 10:43:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to do some file operations in a native l4re application.
using fopen, fgetc, fprintf... from libc. I know that this is possible
for the rom filesystem. However, I want to create new files during
runtime which are also writable.
I found the VFS implementation l4/pkg/tmpfs.
but I do not really understand how that VFS stuff works, as there also
is no header file for tmpfs. How can I access the tmpfs functionality
within my application?

For my application it would be sufficient to just have
temporary files, which I think is exactly what the tmpfs lib provides.

I already linked the tmpfs lib to my application and
tried to use mount from sys/mount.h.
However, I have no idea which parameters and how the path than has to
look like for fopen.

Is there some example code which shows howto use this lib in an
application?

Thanks,
Michael