Booting on Raspberry Pi

Robert Kaiser robert.kaiser at hs-rm.de
Wed Sep 11 00:06:29 CEST 2013

Hello Adam

Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Just tried a rawimage -> still silence on the serial port :-(. It may be
> due a configuration mistake.
> I guess I'll have to wade through the code to find out where it goes
> wrong -- stay tuned.

I've tracked it down a little further:

Booting a rawimage basically works, i.e. the bootloader copies itself
the right place in memory and starts executing. It gets to the point
where it wants to print its first message -- and that's where it crashes
:-(.

The crash happens during a division computed in fputs.c. The compiler
calls a libgcc routine named __aeabi_uidiv which apparently throws an
exception. (However it is *not* a divide by zero exception -- I have
checked the values).

Time to try a different toolchain, I guess. So far, I have been using
the linaro toolchain (gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.08_linux).
Can you please tell me which toolchain you have used (and where to
obtain it)?

Cheers

Robert