L4/Fiasco.OC & gcc-4.7

Daniel Müller Daniel.Mueller at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Mon Oct 14 09:25:55 CEST 2013

On 10/14/13 00:05, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> On Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 16:23:39 +0200, Daniel Müller wrote:
>> Is there a way to change the default gcc and g++ to use when bulding
>> L4 (this way I could at least have my host system use the new gcc
>> while compiling L4 with the older version)? I've seen the config
>> options for Fiasco but this is not sufficient.
> Put a Makeconf.local in the root directory of the build tree:
> CC=gcc-... -m..
> CXX=g++-... -m..
Works, thanks!

> Did that happen when you rebuilt L4Re or Fiasco, or both?
It happens with L4Re. Building Fiasco with the new version causes no
problems.

> To which version of gcc-4.7 were you upgrading, i.e. which distribution
> and version?
I am using Gentoo Linux. I've tried gcc 4.7.3-r1 and 4.8.1-r1. Both show
the same problem.

> And, is that always reproducable? (Could I reproduce that?)
It is always reproducible. I suppose you could reproduce that unless
there are custom Gentoo patches causing the problem.

Daniel