Request for information on l4 fiasco

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com
Tue Dec 10 17:31:53 CET 2013

Hello Sir,

On 12/10/2013 03:59 PM, Matthias Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 09:51:10AM +0100, Viswa Sekar wrote:
>> Hello Sir,
>>
>> I am on a project on porting l4 fiasco.oc to power pc architecture.
>> i am totally new to this.
>> kindly provide me documentation/information on the same.
>> it will be very useful.
>
> Fiasco has already been ported to PowerPC. The current state is, that it
> compiles but functionality might be broken due to the lack of testing hardware
> on our side.

In addition to Matthias's suggestion, have a look at
'l4/pkg/bootstrap/server/src/ARCH-ppc32' and determine if the system and
your UART is setup correctly. The UART driver is important, since it is
the only way to see something during kernel bootstrap. Currently an Open
Firmware driver is used during bootup
(l4/pkg/drivers-frst/uart/src/uart_of.cc), if your system doesn't
support Open Firmware, you would have to put your own driver there.
Once you got bootstrap running and the kernel started, you can find the
the relevant PowerPC parts in the 'kernel/fiasco/src/kern/ppc32'
directory. Look out for unimplemented things there. Again the first task
would be to enable the UART driver within the kernel, currently the
serial port driver for the mpc52XX (Efika, G2 board) is the default
(kernel/fiasco/src/lib/uart/uart_mpc52xx.cc), please add your UART
there. When you see the

> Welcome to Fiasco.O

greetings, your first couple of steps would be done. Feel free to ask
questions to Matthias or myself.

Good luck,

Sebastian

--