How to write device driver

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Aug 16 21:11:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed Aug 14, 2013 at 11:16:07 +0530, Raja Sekhar wrote:
>              I want to write a simple character device driver.Can you
> please give me the  procedure for writing device drivers for L4fiasco.

Generally, on L4, device drivers are normal programs, i.e. you can use
whatever environment you like (i.e. that is available). Device access is
typically through MMIO, i.e. memory accesses, which can just be
accessed, after being configured and allowed in IO for that client.
Maybe you could be more specific on your plans.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de