l4linux signals SIGSEGV instead of SIGILL and others

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Fri Jan 24 17:04:00 CET 2014

Hi,

I have a piece of code running fine on native Linux, but terminating
unexpected with SIGSEGV while running on l4linux on the same piece of
hardware.

The relevant code is in _armv7_neon_probe "vorr q15,q15,q15" (undefined
instruction on ARMv5) which normally would throw SIGILL and thus being
caught in the caller.

With CONFIG_L4_DEBUG_SEGFAULTS enabled, the exception is correctly
printed as
 > CPSR: 6000010 Err: 00100000
 >  MyApp/171: Undefined instruction at 0007c7e0 with content f26ee1fe,
err 00100000

Unfortunately, when I look into l4linux/arch/l4/kernal/signal.c in
l4x_deliver_signal(), errcode is not used at all and so IGSEGV will
always be sent, regardless of the exceptions.

Martin

openssl/crypto/armv4cpuid.S: