Network Server Ankh

Ajith Whowe ajith.whowe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:22:35 CET 2014

Dear Adam,

Thank You very much for the response. Do You mean that the l4shmnet
can be used as a communication channel between two (or more ?)
instances of l4linux over TCP/IP?

By the way, how should then the start scripts seem? Would it be again
like a client - server type interaction between both instances? For
instance would it work with the following set up and would I see for
example a ping request and response of each side?

local my_channel = l:new_channel();

local linux_caps1 = {
  log = L4.Env.log:m("rws");
  vbus = io_caps.linux_bus1,
  rtc = rtc_caps.rtc,
  rom = L4.Env.rom,
  myL4shm = my_channel:svr(),
};

 l:start(
        {
               caps = linux_caps1,
        },
        "rom/vmlinuz1 mem=512M console=ttyLv0
l4shmnet.add=test_l4shm,macpart=01 ramdisk=rom/ramdisk1 root=1:0
ramdisk_size=5000 l4x_rd=rom/ramdisk1 init=/sbin/init");

local linux_caps2 = {
  log = L4.Env.log:m("r");
  vbus = io_caps.linux_bus1,
  rtc = rtc_caps.rtc,
  rom = L4.Env.rom,
  myL4shm = my_channel,
};

 l:start(
        {
               caps = linux_caps2,
        },
        "rom/vmlinuz2 mem=512M console=ttyLv0
l4shmnet.add=test_l4shm,macpart=02 ramdisk=rom/ramdisk2 root=1:0
ramdisk_size=5000 l4x_rd=rom/ramdisk2 init=/sbin/init");

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

On Thu Feb 06, 2014 at 17:44:58 +0100, Ajith Whowe wrote:
>* I coincidentally met the ankh server in the mail archives and could not
*>* figure out well what the ankh exactly does. Is it an ethernet server for
*>* more than one application running on the fiasco?
*
Yes, basically a software network switch with an (optional) network
driver.

>* By the way it is not existing for the newer versions of l4linux. Was it
*>* replaced with the l4shmnet?
*
No, l4shmnet is only between two partners. The driver is there but
disabled because it's not working.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de