Library dependencies missing: stdlibs in directory

Emanuel Berg emanuel.berg.8573 at student.uu.se
Mon Feb 10 23:34:01 CET 2014

Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> I can recommend 'make textconfig' and 'make
> oldconfig' for your convenience.

Thanks, yes, 'make O=... oldconfig' did it but 'make
O=... textconfig' complained:

make: *** No rule to make target `textdconfig'.  Stop.

>> What is "stdlibs"? ...
>
> It's an alias in the build system to group the
> necessary libraries required for building a program.
> Did you build the tree to a successful end before you
> compiled your own program?

You mean there is something else to "build" except for
compiling and linking? In that case, no, what I did
was:

1) (manually) create the src directory tree, with the
Makefiles, mimicking the selfsame tree for 'hello';
and, created a dir in .../obj/l4/x86/pkg

2) 'make O=... config' (or 'oldconfig') in .../src/l4

3) 'make O=...' in .../src/l4/pkg/program

> You need to build the tree ...

Is this tree (for 'hello') not the (filesystem) tree:

.../src/l4/pkg/hello/server/src

- ? If it is, are you saying setting it up is
automatized by some tool?

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573