Build kernel modules and run it on L4linux

Irvanda Kurniadi irvanda.k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:43:17 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Björn Döbel
<doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de>wrote:

> > Yes I did. I just checked the .config file # Stub drivers
> > CONFIG_L4_BLK_DS_DRV=y
> Are you getting any messages about a missing file during Linux bootup?
> For the file to be available through l4bdds it needs to be passed as a
> module in the respective menu.lst entry.

There was no message about missing file. But I didn't put any addition line
inside the modules.list entry. I don't know whether this is the cause of
the problem.

But, wait...
> > 2. I mounted my L4linux Ramdisk and copied my hello.ko into the
> > Ramdisk
> if you already copied hello.ko to the ramdisk, there is no need to add
> it through l4bdds. The file is already there and all you need to do is
> "insmod hello.ko"?

When I tried to insmod hello.ko, I got error message: Invalid module format
So btw, if my kernel module has been placed inside the Ramdisk, I don't
need to use the l4bdds? Because I just followed the instruction before and
don't know what to do with that kernel module file.

regards,

Irvanda