Running application can't create a file

Irvanda Kurniadi irvanda.k at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:32:54 CET 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
> wrote:

>I think there is a trick to launch this tiff application over
> > L4/fiasco, so the kernel can permit the application to create a file.
>
> Per default, there's no writable directory available.
> You can use tmpfs. Add the following in your application's Makefile:
> REQUIRES_LIBS += libmount libl4revfs-fs-tmpfs

Then add a fstab file, with this content (usual syntax):
> /     /tmp    tmpfs defaults
>
> The last thing to do is to tell your application where to find the fstab
> file. You need a config file for that, with this content:
>
> L4.default_loader:start({}, "rom/tiff_test2", { FSTAB_FILE = "rom/fstab"
> });
>
> Do not forget to change your module.list entry, add ned and put
> "roottask moe rom/config.cfg" there instead of the --init version.
>
> Now you should be able to write in /tmp in your application.

I did the instruction above. It seems like the application could write in
/tmp directory. But I'm curious which /tmp directory that the application
use to create the file? Since I couldn't find the created file anywhere. Is
it by any chance located in /tmp of the running application? If it's the
case, Is there any other way to access the created file that has been
created by my application?

regards,

Irvanda