L4Linux + L4re + Fiasco to boot in Freescale i.MX6q_sabre_sd

taeung treeze.taeung at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:08:30 CET 2014

Hello L4 hackers.

I have two question (My question 1, 2 ). please  help me.

I'm trying to boot 'L4Linux + L4re + Fiasco' in Freescale i.MX6 Quad
SABRE SD board (Cortex-A8, ARMv7-A).

Such as..

0. Get Source and install required package.

|$ cd /somedir/tudos
$ svn cat http://svn.tudos.org/repos/oc/tudos/trunk/repomgr | perl - init http://svn.tudos.org/repos/oc/tudos fiasco l4re l4linux_requirements|

1. L4 Re : configure and build (Success)

|||==========================================================================|
$ mkdir -p /path/to/obj/tudos
|$ make O=/path/to/obj/tudos oldconfig
$ make O=/path/to/obj/tudos -j2|

|==========================================================================|

2. Fiasco : configure and build (Success)

|==========================================================================|

||$ cd /somedir/tudos/src/kernel/fiasco
|$ make BUILDDIR=/path/to/obj/fiasco
$ cd /path/to/obj/fiasco
$ make menuconfig
$ make|
|==========================================================================|

3. L4 linux : configure and build. (Failure)
(Here, i have trouble to build l4 linux after configure according to my
board )

|==========================================================================|

|$ cd /somedir/tudos
$ svn co http://svn.tudos.org/repos/oc/l4linux/trunk l4linux
$ cd l4linux
$ mkdir /path/to/obj/l4linux
$ make L4ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- O=/path/to/obj/l4linux arm_defconfig
# In the menu, in "L4Linux configuration", set "L4 tree build directory" to /path/to/obj/tudos
$ make L4ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- O=/path/to/obj/l4linux menuconfig
||==========================================================================|

To configure according to my board(Freescale i.MX6q_sabre_sd), I was
able to choice two kinds.

<The first >

|System type -> ARM system type (L4 Linux)
Build type (Use ARMv7)

<Result of the first >

1) Sucess build L4 linux and i got 'vmlinuz.arm'
2) 'make uImage' according to module.list

|==========================================================================
entry L4Linux_xs_2
kernel fiasco -nokdb
roottask moe rom/l4linux.cfg
module l4linux.cfg
module l4re
module ned
module vmlinuz.arm
module ramdisk-arm.rd|

|==========================================================================|

3) i make SD Card bootable by u-boot.bin and bootstrap.uImage

4) Booting L4Linux + L4re + Fiasco in Freescale i.MX6q_sabre_sd

But, i have problem to boot it.

U-Boot 2009.08 (Aug 16 2013 - 12:04:20)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6 family TO1.2 at 792 MHz
Thermal sensor with ratio = 180
Temperature:   44 C, calibration data 0x5764ba7d
mx6q pll1: 792MHz
mx6q pll2: 528MHz
mx6q pll3: 480MHz
mx6q pll8: 50MHz
ipg clock     : 66000000Hz
ipg per clock : 66000000Hz
uart clock    : 80000000Hz
cspi clock    : 60000000Hz
ahb clock     : 132000000Hz
axi clock   : 264000000Hz
emi_slow clock: 132000000Hz
ddr clock     : 528000000Hz
usdhc1 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc2 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc3 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc4 clock  : 198000000Hz
nfc clock     : 24000000Hz
Board: i.MX6Q-SABRESD: unknown-board Board: 0x63012 [POR ]
Boot Device: SD
I2C:   ready
DRAM:   1 GB
MMC:   FSL_USDHC: 0,FSL_USDHC: 1,FSL_USDHC: 2,FSL_USDHC: 3
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
i2c: I2C3 SDA is low, start i2c recovery...
I2C3 Recovery success
Found PFUZE100! deviceid=10,revid=11
Net:   got MAC address from IIM: 00:04:9f:02:70:b5
FEC0 [PRIME]
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
mmc2 is current device

MMC read: dev # 2, block # 2048, count 17408 ... 17408 blocks read: OK
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 10800000 ...
    Image Name:   L4 Image #7
    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size:    7680000 Bytes =  7.3 MB
    Load Address: 11000000
    Entry Point:  11000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

<My question 1.> Why hang at 'Starting kernel ...' ?

Setting environment variable and bootcmd , i have thought the setting is no problem.
This kernel image is wrong?

<The Second >

|System type ---> ARM system type (Allow multiple platforms to be selected)|
Multiple platform selection  ---> ARMv7 based platforms (Cortex-A, PJ4, Scorpion, Krait)
Build type
	Freescale i.MX family
	  Freescale i.MX support  ---> i.MX6 Quad/DualLite support

<Result of the second >

i could not build l4 linux because..

GEN     /path/to/obj/l4linux/Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig

ERROR: CONFIG_ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT must not be enabled.

make[1]: *** [check_linux_config] Error 1
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

<My question 2.>   Why  can not build L4 linux according to this config
? and What is CONFIG_ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT ?

Please any help..

/Regards,

Taeung Song | Student of Computer Engineering
Hansung University.
/