Can use other root file system instead of ramdisk(ramdisk-arm.rd) ?

Taeung treeze.taeung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:08:47 CET 2014

Hello , L4 hackers !!:-)

Would you mind if I ask you other questions ?

I've done booting "L4 linux + L4/Fiasco" on Freescale imx6q_sabre_sd.
I'm using ramdisk of which name is 'ramdisk-arm.rd'.

I've got the file from URL (os.inf.tu-dresden.de/download/ramdisk-arm.rd).
But it is not enough to install and run X-window.
There is not enough package.
I really want to use 'apt-get' on L4 Linux.
1. Can is what I want possible on L4 linux ?

2. Can use other root file system instead of ramdisk(ramdisk-arm.rd) ?

3. Whatever packages which is put in a ramdisk, is it no matter ?
If I put ubuntu packages in a ramdisk, is it fine?

- Taeung -