step forward on compilation

Emanuel Berg emanuel.berg.8573 at student.uu.se
Mon Mar 31 03:57:06 CEST 2014

First: On - let's see - Fri, 28 Mar 2014 02:02:52 +0100
- I sent a message to this list with the subject
"again, must know mechanics of compile" - previously, I
was able to send to this list, but as for now, I can't
find that message either in the group or in the web
archive [1]. (I see my old posts though.) I looked for
that message because I thought I build on that thread,
that's how I noticed it wasn't there (?).

Anyway, as for including header files, I found that you
can indeed make a directory at the base package level,
called "include" - and put a Makefile in it just like
it is done for the other projects (but I'm unsure what
the Makefile actually does - perhaps if you specify the
include directory as a target in the *package*
Makefile, you can drop it?).

And, you can't use the C++ ".hh" extension, but ".h"
works, if you include them like this:

#include <l4/hs/task_scheduler.h>

if your package is named "hs". In effect, this is quite
the opposite of the #include "task_scheduler.hh", and
then the -I flag to the compiler.

As for -std=c++11, I found that you can pass that not
with CFLAGS, but close - this works:

CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11

[1] http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/2014/thread.html

--