L4Linux + Ubuntu

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Mon Mar 31 15:49:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 04:06:18PM +0530, Sai Prajeeth wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to replace the standard Linux kernel on my Ubuntu Distro (12.04LTS)
> with the L4Linux kernel. Is this possible? If yes can someone give me an
> outline as to how to proceed?

This is possible, but probably not exactly the way you imagine. L4Linux is a
userspace port of the Linux kernel to the microkernel API of Fiasco.OC. So you
will also need the microkernel and L4Re as the basic runtime environment. You
can learn more about L4Linux and its concepts at [1].

Matthias.

[1] http://l4linux.org/overview.shtml

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth