step forward on compilation

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Apr 3 22:37:07 CEST 2014

On Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 23:37:51 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:
> >> No, but why don't you add my address, then?
> >
> > Anything else I can do for you?
>
> How about: stop being sarcastic?

Well, the actually true answer goes like this, my previous answer was
just supposed to be a kind of friendly reminder:
Why the ** are you bothering me with your subscription config? Just go
to the website I even pointed you at and subscribe with the email
address you're using for posting to the list. It's easy. It's quick.
Thousands have done it before and they're happy guys now, I tell you.

Better?

> >> Perhaps you have "embe8573" in the database, instead
> >> of "Emanuel.Berg.8573", or the other way around?
> >
> > Indeed, see, you know it yourself. So why bother us?
>
> I didn't know that. It is a possible explanation why I
> am "subscribed", but you perceive me as not so. I don't
> know why the university people setup that dual system
> to begin with, but it is there, and it can cause this
> kind of problems now and then.

It's common to have multiple addresses, you have to cope with it, we all
cope with it.
So just use one address, and do not subscribe with one and use another
for posting. And that shall be my final words on this topic.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de