newbie - trying to build

Marcus Hähnel mhaehnel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Apr 6 11:56:11 CEST 2014

Hi Jack,

On 2014-04-06 11:24, Jack Andrews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is not the right forum.

you've come to the right place.

> I'm following
>   https://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/fiasco/build.html [1]
>
> and i could build fiasco just fine.
>
> I made a couple of guesses about how to build L4Re because I couldn't
> find much info:
>
> jack at uv:~/fiasco/src/l4$ mkdir mybuild
> jack at uv:~/fiasco/src/l4$ make grub2iso E=hello O=mybuild
> MODULE_SEARCH_PATH=~/fiasco/src/kernel/fiasco/mybuild/
> Processing entry 'hello'

You are nearly there. Just like there is a 'building' page for Fiasco
there is one for L4Re. Just follow the explanation at

https://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4Re/build.html

and you should get what you want. Your try did not succeed because you
first have to configure your L4Re tree.

Happy hacking,

- Marcus Haehnel