How to secure Ethernet environment on L4 Linux ?

Taeung treeze.taeung at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 03:44:05 CEST 2014

Hi, Matthias.

Thank you for answering.

Sorry, I apologize for the late response.

I've configured the NIC driver as follows.. '[*]Network support ' and
'[*]Network device driver support'.

I don't know how to init the driver,but when I run 'ifconfig', I saw
nothing.
So, I guess that the cause is 'init' could not have been run.
When I've done booting L4Linux, I found '/etc' folder is not enough.
And I found '/proc' and '/sys' is empty.
So, I've manually mounted '/proc' and '/sys'.
And I'm trying to run 'ifup -a' but I've failed secure Ethernet on L4 Linux.

What I mistake ?

(Mentioned above is same as mail before last)

And I'm doubting 'arm-rv.io' and  'l4lx_xs.cfg' I'm using.
Must I modify them ?

If you give me small hints, I'd apperciate.
Thank you !!

For reference.

I'm using 'entry L4Linux_XS' as follows
========================
entry L4Linux_XS
roottask moe rom/l4lx_xs.cfg
module l4re
module ned
module l4lx_xs.cfg
module io
*module arm-rv.io*
module vmlinuz.arm
module ramdisk-arm.rd
========================
arm-rv.io in example folder is..
========================
hw-root
{
   NIC => new Device()
   {
     .hid = "smsc911x";
     new-res Mmio(0x4e000000 .. 0x4e000fff);
     new-res Irq(60);
   }
}

l4lx => new System_bus()
{
   NIC => wrap(hw-root.NIC);
}
========================
l4lx_xs.cfg is ..
========================
-- vim:set ft=lua:

local lxname = "vmlinuz";
if L4.Info.arch() == "arm" then
   lxname = "vmlinuz.arm";
end

L4.default_loader:start(
   { caps = {
       log = L4.Env.log:m("rws"),
     },
     l4re_dbg = L4.Dbg.Warn,
     log = { "l4linux", "yellow" },
   },
   "rom/" .. lxname .. " mem=64M console=ttyLv0 l4x_rd=rom/ramdisk-" ..  L4.Info.arch() .. ".rd root=1:0 ramdisk_size=4000 init=/bin/sh");

- Taeung -