How to change root device on L4 Linux ?

Taeung treeze.taeung at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:19:42 CEST 2014

Hello, Matthias :-)

Would you mind I ask you a question ?

I did not understood your answer, because I was uncertain it.
But, now I'm catching on. I'm analyzing 'L4 Re' document.

I've modified 'l4lx-vbus.io' and 'arm-rv-eb-mc.devs' file as follows..

*vi 'l4lx-vbus.io**'*
============
# vim:set ft=ioconfig:
# configuration file for io

l4linux => new System_bus()
{
    NIC => wrap(hw-root.NIC);
    FLASHMEMORY => wrap(hw-root.FLASHMEMORY);
}
============

*vi 'arm-rv-eb-mc.devs'*
============
local Hw = Io.Hw
local Res = Io.Res

Io.hw_add_devices
{

   FLASHMEMORY = Hw.Device
   {
     hid = "flashmemory";
     Res.mmio(0x02198000 , 0x0219BFFF);

   },

   NIC = Hw.Device
   {
     hid = "smsc911x";
     Res.mmio(0x02188000, 0x0218BFFF);
     Res.irq(41);
   },
}
============

But I've failed booting with kernel commandline
'....root=/dev/mtdblock0p1...' to set RootFilesystem as SD
card(/dev/mtdblock0p1).

The log is ...
============
...(/omitted/)

Added static device '(noname)' with 0 resources.
Added static device 'NIC' with 2 resources.
Added static device 'FLASHMEMORY' with 1 resources.

...(/omitted/)

L4 serial driver
ttyLv0 at MMIO 0x1 (irq = 211, base_baud = 230400) is a L4
l4ser_shm: L4 shared mem serial driver
l4cdds: No name given, not starting.
brd: module loaded
l4bdds: No name given, not starting.
mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
TCP: cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17

Waiting for root device /dev/mtdblock0p1...

The log message has been stopped at 'Waiting for root device
/dev/mtdblock0p1... '

I guess kernel command line is wrong.
Is my guess right ?

Or is '.io' , '.devs' file wrong ?

If anyone give me small hints , I would appreciate.

- Taeung -