[Resend] Why 'FEC Ethernet Driver' is not found on L4Linux build menuconfig ?

Taeung treeze.taeung at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:07:23 CEST 2014

Hi, adam
Thank you for answering. :-)

Sorry, I've asked you a question with misinformation.

I've misunderstood that my Freescale imx6q_sabre_sd board's Ethernet is
'Qualcomm Atheros AR8031-AL1A Gigabit Ethernet'.

My board's Ethernet Controller is contained in imx6 chip. And the driver
for it is 'FEC Ethernet Driver'.
So, I have to using ethernet driver which is 'l4linux/drivers/net/ethernet/

freescale'. But, I've failed configure 'CONFIG_FEC=y' because there is
not 'FEC Ethernet Driver' on L4 linux's build menuconfig.
But there are other ethernet drivers which are
'smsc','intel','marvell'... etc.

Though there is 'FEC Ethernet Driver' source code in
'l4linux/drivers/net/ethernet/freescale', why 'FEC Ethernet Driver' is
not found on L4Linux build menuconfig ?
How to build FEC ethernet driver for my board?

  -Taeung-

> I'm trying to secure Ethernet environment on L4 Linux. (using
> Freescale imx6
> SABRE SD board)
>
> My board's Ethernet is 'Qualcomm Atheros AR8031-AL1A Gigabit Ethernet'.
>
> I've found source code for Ethernet Driver.
> Folder name is '/l4linux/drivers/net/ethernet/atheros'.
>
> But, the folder only contain   'ATL1c' and  'ATL1e', 'ALX', 'ATLX'.
> I guess 'atheros' driver in L4 Linux don't support my ethernet driver.

L4Linux has the same drivers as native Linux, so if the driver is in
Linux it is also in L4Linux (in the same version). There seems to be
support for this type of network in the imx6 support code. So does the
network work with the native Linux of the same version?