[Resend] Why 'FEC Ethernet Driver' is not found on L4Linux build menuconfig ?

Martin Schröder martin.schroeder at openlimit.com
Wed Apr 23 13:11:15 CEST 2014

Hi Taeung,
the FEC Ethernet Driver has no out-of-the-box support for L4 but it is
possible to get it running with l4linux.

For example in the Kconfig both "config NET_VENTOR_FRESCALE" and "if
NET_VENDOR_FREESCALE" needs the "depends on" trailed with "|| L4" so it
will show in linux menuconfig.

But there are a few other places to patch in fec.h, fec_main.c,
fec_ptp.c and l4/kernel/arch-arm/mach_setup.c along with the mapping of
the Mmio and Irq space to the l4linux.

I am not aware of the imx6 ethernet silicon, but I am using the FEC
Ethernet Driver for the integrated Dual-Ethernet Controller of a
Freescale i.MX28 chip and it is running with L4.

Martin