build error: [kobject_mapdb.o] error

Irvanda Kurniadi irvanda.k at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:41:01 CEST 2014

Hi Adam,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Adam Lackorzynski <
adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> On Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 12:23:55 +0900, Irvanda Kurniadi wrote:
> >
> > Now, I'm having a trouble in running qemu. I'm using qemu 0.14.1. After I
> > invoke make qemu E=hello-shared, the process aborted with "hardware
> error"
> > error message, as shown below. What should I do to overcome this problem?
>
> > qemu: hardware error: gic_dist_writeb: Bad offset 84
>
> This means Qemu's GIC model does not (yet) support this kind of access,
> so a more recent Qemu version should do the trick. Just a few days back
> Qemu 2.0 has been released which should work.

Yeah, with Qemu 2.0 I can use "make qemu" properly for arm. But When I go
for x86, it's stuck in
fb-drv     |  Found VESA BIOS version 3.0
fb-drv     |  OEM SeaBIOS VBE (C) 2011

But I still can use the older version for running x86 though. I just want
to share this problem and want to know whether I'm alone with this problem.

regards,
Irvanda