Compile library in L4Linux ramdisk

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu May 8 01:08:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Wed May 07, 2014 at 16:05:16 +0900, Irvanda Kurniadi wrote:
> Can you help me to check whether my understanding about library in L4Linux
> is right or wrong? IMO, the library in L4linux ramdisk should be compiled
> with the same version of compiler. But I found out that every application
> in l4linux ramdisk is compiled by glibc 2.2.5 for GNU/Linux 2.0.30 which is
> very old version. Does it mean I have to build the library over that system
> and then put the built library to the ramdisk of l4linux?

Yes, the contents of the RAM disk are some older version of libraries.
So an easy way is to put statically linked programs on the ramdisk (add
-static to the final gcc call) and thus be independent of any installed
library. Alternatively you could also update your ramdisk with newer
versions of libraries.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de