Question about dataspace

Yuxin Ren ryx at gwmail.gwu.edu
Sat May 10 05:23:47 CEST 2014

I cannot understand dataspace very well. I have some questions  about it.
Each time I want to alloc a piece of memory, I must create a dataspace
first?

I look at the example code of memory allocation.
I found after create adataspace, we call
L4Re::Env::env<http://l4re.org/doc/classL4Re_1_1Env.html#aa1181d6256037deda5b5f83c2006ba60>()->mem_alloc()->alloc()
to alloca memory via dataspace.
Can I call this function multiple times on the same dataspace instance
without free? If so, what is its effect?

In addtion we use attach to map the dataspace. Can I attach the same
dataspace multiple times without free?
In this case, does it mean that the same physical memory is mapped into
different virtual address?