Where is kernel entry code

Marcus Hähnel mhaehnel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon May 26 22:04:49 CEST 2014

Hello,

Please look at the l4sys package in L4Re. You can find the details on
the invocation of the kernel there. The actual call is made by jumping
to the syscall page / KIP. The call is made from here:

pkg/l4sys/include/ARCH-x86/ipc-invoke.h
pkg/l4sys/include/ARCH-x86/L4API-l4f/ipc-l42-gcc3-nopic.h
pkg/l4sys/lib/src/ARCH-x86/syscalls_direct.S

see also the code in the kernel here:
src/kern/ia32/32/sys_call_page-abs-ia32.cpp
and here: src/kern/ia32/32/sys_call_page-asm.S

- Marcus