I share a document to access HW on L4 Linux.

Peter Howard pjh at northern-ridge.com.au
Tue Jun 3 00:37:21 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 13:59 +0900, Taeung wrote:
> Thank you L4 Hackers.
>
> You have help me in securing Ethernet on L4 Linux. So, I succeeded it.
> I’m particularly grateful to Martin Schröder, Wei jin, Adam
> Lackorzynski, Matthias Lange.
>
> Although there is already a document 'L4 Runtime Environments : Io, the
> Io server'
> a link of which is http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4Re/doc/io.html,
> I made a guide document for accessing HW on L4 Linux because of ethernet
> example.
> (I've used ARM platform Freescale i.MX6 Quad SABRESD )
>
> This document is
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/abj9ao5uk9r3w72/The_Guide_to_access_HW_on_L4Linux_v1.0.pdf
>
> I don’t know whether this document can help someone in accessing HW on
> L4Linux.

I thought I'd let you know I found the document useful.  The webpage you
reference above only really describes the basics of how the IO sever
works.  And although I don't think there's anything in your document
that I couldn't have (eventually) extracted from the existing code,
having it listed in a step-by-step fashion was a great help for
cross-checking what I was doing.

> But I want to share this document in order to repay for l4hackers's
> kindness.

If you're interested, I have some feedback on the document; contact me
off-list.
--
Peter Howard <pjh at northern-ridge.com.au>