L4-based microkernel on Intel SCC

Masti Ramya Jayaram rmasti at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 4 10:07:49 CEST 2014

Hi all,

In fact, I am looking for a micro-kernel based hypervisor (like L4:pistachio or Fiasco) to run on the SCC. The only pointer I found was a port of Fiasco OS for Intel SCC recently (http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/papers_ps/partheymueller-beleg.pdf) and would like to try this.

I had a few questions though:

a. Is the public version of fiasco compatible with the SCC? If not, is it possible to get it?
b. Since SCC uses a different compiler set (much older than gcc 4.4), does the compilation work out of the box?
c. Finally, has anyone run L4Linux on top of the SCC?

Thanks in advance,
Ramya