Adding a new scheduling algorithm to Fiasco.OC

Valentin Hauner valentinhauner at gmx.de
Thu Jun 12 16:29:43 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm planning to add a new scheduling algorithm to Fiasco.OC. I will
implement EDF.
First of all, is there some handout written by you main developers that
copes with the issues of implementing EDF in Fiasco.OC?

What I've achieved so far:
I've created the files sched_context-edf.cpp and ready_queue_edf.cpp in
./kernel/fiasco/src/kern, using the corresponding source files for your
fixed-priority scheduler as templates.
I've named the config directive used in ./kernel/fiasco/src/Modules.*
files analogous to yours, that is 'sched_edf' in my case.
Now, I'm beginning to modify sched_context-edf.cpp and
ready_queue_edf.cpp to fit the requirements of EDF, especially the en-
and dequeuing as well as the 'dominates' method.

Are there any other major source files that I do have to alter?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Valentin