Fwd: l4shmnet and its structure

cem akpolat akpolatcem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 20:49:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

"So I understand that you configured one L4Linux with two l4shmnet
network interfaces and one of those two did not work? Hard to tell for
me what's wrong without more info."

 I added printf lines to shmc.c file and the output I get the following
output while a connection is created btw. the server and the first client.

//*************************************//
client1 |    l4shmc_create : starting
client1 |    l4shmc_create : l4re_ns_register_obj_srv returned error
client1 |    l4shmc_attach_to : starting
client1 |    l4shmc_attach_to : no problem, returning L4_OK
client1 |    l4shmc_add_chunk : starting
client1 |    l4shmc_add_chunk : executing chunk_get
client1 |    l4shmc_add_chunk : in the else side due to offs
client1 |    l4shmc_add_chunk : returning L4_OK
client1 |    l4shmc_add_signal : starting
client1 |    l4shmc_add_signal : returning L4_EOK
client1 |    l4shmc_get_chunk_to :starting
server  |    l4shmc_get_chunk_to :starting

net shm0: shm0: L4ShmNet established, with 54:42:00:00:ff:01, IRQ 66
client1 net shm0: shm0: L4ShmNet established, with  54:42:00:00:ff:02, IRQ
65

And the following output between the server and the second client:

//*************************************//
client2 |     l4shmc_create : starting
client2 |     l4shmc_create : l4re_ns_register_obj_srv returned error
client2 |     l4shmc_attach_to : starting
client2 |     l4shmc_attach_to : no problem, returning L4_OK
client2 |     l4shmc_add_chunk : starting
client2 |     l4shmc_add_chunk : executing chunk_get
client2 |     l4shmc_add_chunk : in the else side due to offs
client2 |     l4shmc_add_chunk : returning L4_OK
client2 |     l4shmc_add_signal : starting
client2 |     l4shmc_add_signal : returning L4_EOK
client2 |     l4shmc_get_chunk_to :starting
server  |     l4shmc_get_chunk_to :starting
net shm1: shm1: L4ShmNet established, with 54:42:00:00:ff:04, IRQ 67
//*************************************//

As you can see, the second client does not respond after the connection
established message from the server. I have two questions regarding this
problem:

1) Is the message "l4re_ns_register_obj_srv returned error" the source of
the problem? If so, then what might be the reason for this error? And also,
why does the connection work properly between the first server and the
client if that is the source of the problem?

2) Could it be the case that the second client obtains the same IRQ number
with the first client(IRQ 65) or the server (IRQ66 or 67), and therefore
the trigger signal is not received by the second client? How can I detect
this problem? Which function is responsible for the IRQ numbering?

As you can see, the second client does not respond after the connection
established message from the server. I have two questions regarding this
problem:

1) Is the message "l4re_ns_register_obj_srv returned error" the source of
the problem? If so, then what might be the reason for this error? And also,
why does the connection work properly between the first server and the
client if that is the source of the problem?

2) Could it be the case that the second client obtains the same IRQ number
with the first client(IRQ 65) or the server (IRQ66 or 67), and therefore
the trigger signal is not received by the second client? How can I detect
this problem? Which function is responsible for the IRQ numbering?

Thank you very much for your time,

Cem