Setting task priority in loader configuration script

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 23 22:00:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon Jun 23, 2014 at 12:43:21 +1000, Peter Howard wrote:
> I've looked through the documentation, but it doesn't seem clear how you
> set the priority of a task as you create it from a .cfg script.
>
> I've tried:
>
> loader:start({caps = {
>                },
>                l4re_dbg = L4.Dbg.Warn,
>                log = {"foo", "red" },
>                priority = 100},
>          "rom/foo");
>
> But I'm not seeing any difference from that, with priority < 0x10, >
> 0x10, or unset.  (I got the 0x10 value from
>
> So, is that the correct way?  If now, what is the correct way to specify
> priority?

It works like this:

loader:start({caps = {
               },
               log = {"foo", "red" },
               scheduler = L4.Env.user_factory:create(L4.Proto.Scheduler, 0x18, 0x8) },
               "rom/foo");

The 0x8 is the base priority and 0x18 is the upper limit. Any prio in
foo will be increased by 8 and capped at 0x18 (regarding the local view
of the loader, which is likely the global view).

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de