real time application example in l4re

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jul 1 23:59:13 CEST 2014

On Sun Jun 29, 2014 at 15:58:54 +0200, cem akpolat wrote:
> is there any example for a real-time applications running on l4re? I see in
> the slides prepared by TU Dresden that there is always a separation between
> realtime and non-realtime, but I couldn't find any example for that. If
> there is an example, could you refer it?

Well, you mean like an example program which for example implements a
control loop? Indeed there's no such example. But if you like and it
might be far fetched, 'hello' is also a loop with some "work" inside. So
given the right priority in the system, Fiasco will preempt any other
ongoing work in the system to execute the work in that loop.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de